Monday, February 25, 2008

Coming Along Nicely...

The worst part about knitting an image into a pattern is that it takes a lot out of me. I'm concentrating much harder than a basic knit requires and I find myself tugging too hard and the image gets a bit fuzzy on the sides. I just hate how human knitting can be. How flawed. But at the same time, I love to knit. It's one of my favorite things to do.

So that's why it took me so long with Soulbot. He was coming along nicely, but taking a lot of effort and I was getting to the point where I almost dreaded picking up my needles. He wasn't hard, he was just tedious and time consuming. It took a lot longer than I had hoped, but the front of the sweater is finished! I'm currently working on one of the sleeves, and after one more and a collar, he will be complete. Then he will be rushed to his owner and hopefully he will be as loved and cherished as he is in my hands. Possibly more.

Someone suggested to me that I sell or release my image patterns for Fair Isle/Intarsia knitting. I would be so disgusted if someone wanted to knit this piece. Not because it's a terrible one, or that I'd be jealous of someone stealing my thunder, but because the love and time I put into this is worth much more to me than being recognized for it. I'm half regretting posting pictures of it, but I am so proud. And I want to remember just how long it took and how funny all the pieces were before they were sewn together. It won't be mine for much longer.

No comments: