Monday, August 3, 2009

What's been knitted... sort of.

Yeah I never finished that teddy bear. Just lost interest in it, and it was only to learn how to knit on DPN. And I learned and so it wasn't a wasted effort. I took a break off of knitting for a while. Then I finally got around to finishing a commissioned scarf. It took three times to finally get it right, as cashmere is ridiculously hard to knit with. I had to use wool to make it an actual scarf. The cashmere was too thin and flimsy.



Now I'm waiting for some Cascade 220 yarn (wool) to arrive from Alpaca Direct so I can start knitting my second sweater. This one will also be derived from a simple sweater pattern, yet definitely an Xtine original. I'm excited, and hopefully it won't take me over a year to complete.



Currently I'm making a simple hat (beanie) with yarn from my stash until my newly ordered yarn gets here. Much like the scarf, it's wool with cashmere, this time in two colors. I like it, but I'm not sure who I'll end up giving it to. Maybe put it on Etsy? We'll see. I have a feeling I'll list a lot of projects on there and just pull them off and gift them as birthdays appear. As you can see, nothing is posted at the moment.

No comments: