Saturday, August 29, 2009

Winding Balls



Knitting nicely along the Guppy Sweater, as you can see. The back piece is entirely finished, and this is the start of the front. I posted the pictures of the balls of yarn because I had to hand wind those myself, and that is tiring and obnoxious work. I really should get a yarn winder one of these days. I've been saying that for years. I tried to spin a center pull ball, which is when you pull a string that starts at the middle of the ball and well, when I pulled it, it was stuck. So I pulled it hard enough to break the yarn. So apparently, I didn't spin it right, and will try again next time. Maybe. I don't think it's really necessary either way, as long as the yarn isn't knotted.

I'm still taking orders for the scarfs I'll be knitting this fall season, which I talked about in my last blog. Email me if you're interested! (drxgirlfriend@gmail.com)

No comments: