Wednesday, August 17, 2011

This One is For Me!

Still working on the Britcom Throw, but it's more of a yarn waster than anything. Not that it's not looking amazing, it's just something to use all the pastel yarn I've been gifted, and will no doubt gift the finished throw. It's a really good project to work on a bus, or during a car ride, but it's not something I'm super excited about.

That being said, I've started to plan out my next project details! This is one I'm going to keep, which hardly ever happens, and hopefully I will actually finish before the end of the season! It's going to be a Union Jack sweater, made of wool! The pattern ("London Calling" from Stitch N' Bitch Nation) calls for mohair which is super fine and super expensive, and I'm not really feeling like spending $12.50 plus tax for a skein and needing over ten skeins. My favorite yarn to knit sweaters with, Cascade 220, will do just fine and it's on sale online, PLUS I'll be using larger needles, and the skein has more yards of yarn than the suggested mohair, which means less yarn required! Hooray! Now I'm excited!

No comments: